MICHAEL FITZGERALD CHARTERED ARCHITECT BA (hons) Dip arch Part 3 (Bath) RIBA, ARB, AJA, RIAS.
Mobile 1 UK: 07770 900215
Michael is a fully qualified architect with 20+ experience in the profession.
Previous roles include:
- Senior Architect Nash Partnership, Bath. (3 yrs)
- Design and Historic Buildings Consultant for Falkland Islands Government, Stanley, Falkland Islands. (2 yrs)
- Degree Design Tutor Cardiff University, Wales. (2 yrs)
- Project Architect Barnes and Collie, St Helier, Jersey. (2 yrs)
- Architect Countryside Properties, Housing Developer, Brentwood, Essex. (2 yrs)
More information about Architects
For projects requiring the expertise and design flair of a qualified architect, a question that sometimes arises is; what is an architect?
Anyone calling themselves an ‘Architect’ must be registered with the Architects Registration Board (ARB). This is a requirement under Section 20 of the Architects Act 1997. ARB is the UK’s statutory regulator of architects. They keep a public register, which is searchable online, of around 33,000 architects (www.arb.org.uk). Every architect on their register has met the required standards for education, training and practice.
Many Architects are also members of the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) (www.architecture.com). This is in effect a trade organisation that champions better buildings, communities and the environment through architecture and the excellence of its members. ‘Chartered Architects’ are those that comply with the RIBA’s strict criteria. In a similar way, Architectural firms can become a ‘Chartered Practice’ provided they meet the strict requirements of the RIBA’s accreditation scheme.